10 superb tactics to drive traffic to your blog site should start with search engine optimizing your site so that search engines will find it easier raising your visibility to the main search engines Google, Bing, and Yahoo. When a website raises its visibility to the search engines, it increases its traffic. A site raises its visibility by raising its rank in the search engine’s ranking and how many times it is ranked. Search engines do two things- 1st- they build their indexes by crawling websites to provide searchers with an organic list of relevant sites, then 2nd- they use a complex set of algorithms to process and create search results.
2. Next, you must make sure your blog site is mobile friendly if it’s not, you are losing out on a huge amount of traffic to your site. Bonus tip: To ncrease traffic to your blog by making sure your blog site is easy to navigate. If your site is difficult to maneuver through, it is frustrating to surfers and they look elsewhere.
3. Feature an ‘about us’ or contact page. Bonus tip: Use descriptive titles for each page and use only original content of at least 250 words or longer for each page. It is best if you use more than one author for your page’s contents.
5. Host or take part in a webinar and comment on other blogs. Use eye-popping graphics and include social sharing buttons on your posts End your blog posts with an open-ended question to invite discussion and guest post on other blogs not to mention inviting others to guest post on your blog. Bonus tip: Only use the highest quality content. If you offer services make sure they are the best quality too. Another website traffic strategy is fine-tuning your site’s content, HTML, and associated coding and make effective use of Robots.txt. Also be aware of how mobile users are guided through your blog site.
6. Create videos using a digital camera that pertains to your blog and its subject matter. Upload to YouTube making sure your video contains a link back to your blog site. Build a relationship with fans of your blog using social networking tools such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and MySpace. Bonus tip::Don’t just pitch your blog in your articles, educate your target audience by giving them useful information in every one of your articles and with press releases and e-books. You can submit your blog articles to popular article directories. This will increase your traffic by giving surfers a second way to find your blog.
7. According to Moz blog guest posting is a tactic, not a strategy. You don’t want to capriciously try to get your post on every blog for the purpose of building possibly bad links. It is important to have your guest posting tied to your business and marketing goals. If you focus only on writing posts for link building you’re missing out on a lot of other possibilities:
• building credibility for your niche
• exposure to new readers
• community building
More tips on how to be a better guest poster:
• pitch a series of content rather than a single post
• describing yourself as an expert contributor
• work with others who have Google profiles
• track the right metrics
Bonus tip: Build links from your blog site to popular high-traffic websites. If you have a large amount of sites that link to you will be ranked higher than a site with just a few.
You can measure your website popularity by installing Google Page Rank onto your web browser bar.
8. You can double your advertising by advertising both online and off-line. Advertise your blog off-line by using signage, fliers, brochures, business cards, and word-of-mouth. You can double your advertising by advertising both online and off-line. Bonus tip: Don’t spam your site with keywords or use black hat methods of search engine optimization such as hidden text In your blog site. Follow search engine guidelines or they can ban your site.
9. Determine the keywords and phrases that will bring visitors to your website and write blog posts that contain keywords that are relevant to your blog subject. The keyword density will increase your traffic. Use an analytic tool such as Google analytics to review which keywords will bring the most visitors to your blog site.
10. Publish quality blog content on a consistent basis and as often as possible. Add a guestbook, daily poll, and/or survey or an interactive forum if you cannot publish new content often. Make sure the comment section of your blog posts are enabled before asking your readers questions so that the responses are published within that particular post. Final bonus tip: Add a link into your email signature inviting people to read your latest blog post. E-newsletters are still powerful marketing tools and including links to your blog post will nudge your subscribers to check out your blog. If you mention a social influence or entity in your blog post or a business send them a link and alert them. Share your articles on social bookmarking sites such as Newsana, Delicious, and Newsvine.
Some last words of advice: To create a successful blog you have to be passionately curious about your blog subject. Any uninteresting topic can be made interesting by asking questions. Bloggers need to focus on asking questions because there’s an audience somewhere for the content around those questions, the people looking for the same answers.
Increasing your blog traffic may be done in small actionable steps, with forethought, and in leaps and bounds. However, using this information will increase your traffic enough that you can never forget: add fresh quality content, and add it often!